By Hugo Deshors
“The fight against discrimination is never definitively won. There is not a single day when women are not victims of it, ”says Isabelle Assihmayor of Quimper and president of Quimper Bretagne Occidentale (QBO).
Communities want to strike a blow to international women’s dayWednesday, March 8, 2023.
Poster campaign in “wild mode”
How ? By proposing, with the help of committed and determined associations, such as WeAll29 Quimper And Women in business Brittany“Strong actions that appeal to the general public in order to raise awareness of the situation”, adds Anna-Vari Chapalain, assistant in charge of gender equality and the fight against discrimination.
Here’s a preview on Facebook:
It will be about Sexismof gender stereotypes and D’gender equality,
Glued “in wild mode” on the walls and gables of Quimper (24 places in all), discover from March 8 postcards with six different visuals.
It’s a protest collage, like a tool of revolt.
Each postcard presents a feminist message/” Example: “My body is my body. The collages will remain until April. “There are still too many gender-related clichés,” laments the collective.
Meetings, March 8
For International Women’s Day, several events are scheduled. Here is the list :
- Wednesday, March 8, from 1:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the Chapeau Rouge convention center, female entrepreneurship forum. On the program, conferences, workshops, a round table, testimonials…
- Wednesday March 8, from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Museum of Fine Arts, guided tour on the theme of women in the collections.
- Wednesday, March 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at L’Embarcadère (4 rue Jacques-Cartier), a time of exchange will be offered on the place of women in digital technology.
- Wednesday March 8, at 6 p.m. at the MJC/MPT in Kerfeunteun (4 rue Teilhard-de-Chardin), free screening of the documentary He called me Malala directed by David Guggenheim. And at 8:30 p.m., the documentary Woman directed by Anastasia Mikova and Yann Arthus-Bertrand.
The trailer can be watched on YouTube:
- Friday March 10, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the MPT in Ergué-Armel (16 avenue Georges-Pompidou), projection of a documentary portrait At the universal polls – 1er episode: 1925 – Joséphine Pencalet, a pioneer. From 9 p.m. to 10 p.m., meeting around the book The song of the sardines by Klervi Rivière and Marie-Aline Lagadic.
Follow all the news from your favorite cities and media by subscribing to My News.