“Guerras de neighbors” (“The War Next-Door”, in English) is a Mexican Netflix television series that premiered on July 7, 2021 and due to its relative success, it was renewed on June 30 of that year. for a second season, which is available on the streaming platform from June 17, 2022.
While “There is room in the background”, a Peruvian television series created and produced by Efraín Aguilar for América Televisión, was broadcast from March 30, 2009 to December 5, 2016. And after six long years of absence, returned on June 22, 2022 amid great expectation.
Like the two seasons of “neighbors war”, the premiere of the new season of “There is room in the background” achieved high ratings. But what else do the Mexican series and Peruvian fiction have in common?
“neighbors war” is a comedy that follows the story of two completely opposite families, the Espinoza de los Montero and the López, who end up living in the same wealthy neighborhood, where the matriarchs, Silvia and Leonor, unleash an epic war that has unexpected consequences.
Leonor Salcido is a humble taxi driver who moves with her family to a huge house in a residential area after getting the winning ticket from a raffle. But her happiness is overshadowed by the welcome that her new neighbor Silvia Espinoza gives her, who is not willing to be close to those people that she does not consider to be her level.
Meanwhile, in “There is room in the background”, the Maldini constantly clash with the Gonzáles, who are a family of low socioeconomic status who moved to La Lomas after the death of the eldest son of the matriarch.
From day one, Francesca, Bruno, Isabella and Miguel Ignacio make life impossible for the Gonzales and try to evict them, but Nelly, Charo, Gilberto, Pepe, Teresa, Joel, Grace, Jaimito and the rest of the family do not give up. so easily and respond to attacks from their fancy neighbors.
Espinoza de los Montero family
- Ana Layevska as Silvia Espinoza
- Mark Tacher as Ernest
- Loreto Peralta as Crista (season 1)
- Estefania Coppola as Crista (season 2)
- Marco Leon as Diego
- Vanessa Bauche as Leonor Salcido (season 1)
- Pascacio López as Genaro (season 1)
- Elyfer Torres as Tere
- Armando Said as Pablo
- Christian Vazquez as Tomas
- Sara Isabel Quintero as Dolores
- Luz Aldan as Agustina Salcido (season 2)
- Irma Maury as Nelly Camacho Morote de Collazos
- Mónica Sánchez as Rosario Flores Rojas ‘Charito’
- Gustavo Bueno as Gilberto Collazos Chipana
- David Almandoz as José Visitación Gonzáles Camacho ‘Pepe’
- Magdyel Ugaz as Teresa Olibama Elena Concepción Collazos Camacho
- Erick Elera as Joel Gonzales Flores
- Mayra Couto as Grace Gonzales Flores
- László Kovács as Alberto Lara Smith ‘Tito’
- Yvonne Frayssinet as Francesca Vittoria Maldini DiPaolo
- Luis Angel Pinasco as Bruno Picasso
- Karina Calmet as Isabella Fernanda Picasso Maldini
- Sergio Galliani as Miguel Ignacio de las Casas Diez Canseco
- Barbara Cayo as Rafaela Picasso Maldini
- Andres Wiese as Nicolas De Las Casas Picasso
- Nathaniel Sanchez as Fernanda de las Casas Picasso
- Adolfo Chuiman as Peter McKay