The capital’s Circus Lane beat out competition from York, Bath and London to nab the top spot.
Situated in Stockbridge, Circus Lane’s colourful doored-Mews houses and cobbled paths are popular with tourists and Instagram users alike.
The list had somewhat of a circus theme, with The Circus street in Bath taking second place.
They were followed by the less circus focussed Gold Hill in Shaftsbury, Dorset, Vicars Close in Wells, Somerset and The Street in Castle Combe, Wiltshire.
In the world rankings, Edinburgh’s contribution came in at an admiral sixth place while Philosopher’s Path in Kyoto, Japan topped the overall leaderboard.
The research was conducted by property experts at GetAgent, which involved using eye-tracking software to determine which streets were most visually appealing to the human eye.
Here are the full UK results:
1. Circus Lane, Stockbride, Edinburgh
2. The Circus, Bath, Somerset
3. Gold Hill, Shaftesbury, Dorset
4. Vicars’ Close, Wells, Somerset
5. The Street, Castle Combe, Wiltshire
6. Arlington Row, Bibury, Gloucestershire
7. Elm Hill, Norwich, Norfolk
8. The Shambles, York, North Yorkshire
9. Main Street, Haworth, West Yorkshire
10. Chalcot Crescent, Primrose Hill, London
Here are the most beautiful streets in the world, according to GetAgent:
1. Philosopher’s Path, Kyoto, Japan
2. Rue Principale, Rocamadour, France
3. Via Baldassarre Galuppi, Burano, Italy
4. Herbert Baker Street, Groenkloof, South Africa
5. Lombard Street, San Francisco, USA
6. Circus Lane, Stockbridge, Scotland
7. The Circus, Bath, England
8. Gold Hill, Shaftesbury, England
9. Lijnbaansgracht, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
10. Orchard Road, Central Area, Singapore